Pro Kids Learning Center
Our founder Ernie Wright had a vision for Pro Kids, that “golf is the hook, education is the payoff.” The Learning Center was created on this vision aiming to help our participants off the course develop and enhance their education. Pro Kids formally began offering academic support to kids with the construction of our first 8,000 sq. ft. Learning Center in 2001.
The Learning Center offers homework help, tutoring, STEAM workshops, college and career preparation, field trips, and time to read, exercise, play, and practice golf. Our Oceanside and City Heights locations offer unique programming Monday-Friday after school to students ages 7-18. Students commit to attending once or twice per week throughout the school year, and check in regularly with their team leaders to create goals, receive individualized support, and celebrate growth.
check below for important information for each campus
Learning Center Hours – City Heights
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- Elementary school students can only attend a maximum of 2 days per week.
- Middle school students can apply for up to 5 days per week but may be limited due to capacity.
- School pick-up service is available for student’s who are attending Hardy Elementary or Lewis Middle School.
- Students must commit to attend a minimum of 1 day per week for the semester and should remain onsite for at least 90 minutes.
- Students are required to attend golf classes regularly. If your student does not attend the Learning Center on the day of their golf class, they must be brought to Pro Kids separately for their weekly golf class.
- All golf class sign-ups are done separately online and must be completed prior to attending any golf class.
Learning Center Hours – Oceanside
Monday, Wednesday: 12:00pm – 5:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 1:00pm – 5:30pm
- Middle school students can apply for up to 4 days per week but may be limited due to capacity.
- Level 1 elementary school students can attend a maximum of 2 days per week.
- Level 2 & Up elementary school students can apply for 5 days
- School pick-up service is available for student’s who are attending MLK Middle School, Cesar Chavez, & Foussat Elementary School.
- Students receiving school pick-up service must participate in the Learning Center at least 2 days per week to be eligible and must stay at least 60 minutes a day.
- Students are required to attend golf classes regularly. If your student does not attend the Learning Center on the day of their golf class, they must be brought to Pro Kids seperately for their weekly golf class.
- All golf class sign-ups are done seperately online and must be completed prior to attending any golf class.
*Participants must have an ACTIVE registration in order to participate in the Learning Center. Due to the high demand of our programs, we recommend that you sign up early.
Age groups will have a limited capacity; this means they will fill up quickly. Please only register your child if you are certain they will attend. If your child cannot attend after registering, please let Pro Kids know immediately so that the spot becomes available for another member. *